Submissions closed for 2018
Out of a total of 26 submissions for Startup in Residence, 8 startups have been selected to join the 2018 program. We will accept submissions for next year's program in May 2019.
Selected startups will get 5 months of intensive training along with guidance from professional coaches, to master all the ins and outs of entrepreneurship and help you to turn their idea into a prototype. They will have access to both the municipal and provincial governments’ networks and resources, and when their awesome idea is shaped into a working and successful solution, the City and Province will act as launching customer and help get the product market ready.
Application requirements for the Startup in Residence program
In order to participate, the startup must meet the following application requirements:
- The startup must not have been registered with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce or a similar chamber in its country for more than five years;
- The startup must consist of natural persons or a legal entity;
- If the startup consists of a legal entity, the business must have no more than ten salaried employees;
- The startup must not have contracted any subcontractors;
- The startup must own an MVP/prototype/beta version;
- Startups must be able to align their features set with the market situation. We expect the startup to be flexible and open to adjustments;`
- The startup must not be a startup that has originated from another business that has 250 salaried employees or more.
Further information can be found in the Tender Guidelines.